2-3 page paper. must be a+ work. will be checked for plagerism. due
Introduction to Cyber Defense
There is a specialization area within information security referred to as cyber defense. This specialization has focus in particular on the outer edge, or border, of trusted network and on security across the Internet. The ability for most security professionals to have significant impact on the security of the Internet itself is impractical creating the need to instead focus on how to protect the trusted network and the traffic being transmitted over the Internet. As you go through this course you will find that encryption plays an important role in a variety of ways towards accomplishing those goals.
Use the study materials and engage in any additional research needed to fill in knowledge gaps. Write a 2-3 page paper that covers the following:
- What are the types of risks to trusted networks that must be mitigated by security professionals with the goal of securing internal information assets?
- What role does monitoring the external borders or edges of the trusted network play in supporting the security of internal information assets?
- What are some of the tools that are available to security professionals interested in evaluating the contents of packets trying to gain entry into their trusted networks?
- What role does security policy play in securing the external borders or edge of the trusted network?
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (sixth edition) style and formatting.
- Length of paper: 2-3 pages, excluding the references page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- DUE 01/14/18 2:00 PM Eastern Time