3-1 homework: is it okay to cry at work?
1. Go to the Chapter 4 Case Incident 1: “Is It Okay to Cry at Work?”
2. What factors do you think make some organizations ineffective at managing emotions?
- Do you think the strategic use and display of emotions serve to protect employees, or does covering your true emotions at work lead to more problems than it solves?
- Have you ever worked where emotions were used as part of a management style? Describe the advantages and disadvantages of this approach in your experience.
- Research shows that acts of coworkers (37 percent) and management (22 percent) cause more negative emotions for employees than do acts of customers (7 percent). What can Laura’s company do to change its emotional climate?
6. For additional details, please refer to the Homework Rubric document in the Assignment Guidelines and Rubrics section of the course.