#4 health policy | Human Resource Management homework help
Individual Project 3-4 pgs
In November 2003 the U.S. Congress passed a controversial health policy bill that President George W. Bush signed into law. The new legislation makes the most far-reaching changes to Medicare since the program was created in 1965. Please address the following questions:
- Why were changes to Medicare deemed necessary?
- What are the main provisions of the new legislation? Do you think they accomplish the desired goals?
- Who was involved in setting the agenda for this policy change? Discuss the roles and interests of specific agenda setters and their influence on the development of the legislation.
- Why was the legislation controversial? Discuss the claims of the law’s supporters and detractors. Who will benefit from the changes?
- Do you think having electronically stored data (such as costs and access to individual patient files) played a role in the decision-making process?
Discussion Board 3-4 paragraphs
The government pays for or directly provides for more than 50% of all health care services in the U.S. through military/VA, Medicare/Medicaid (CMS), Indian Health Services (IHS) and other programs/facilities.
Pick a specific government program or provider from your readings or one you are familiar with. Discuss the services provided. Then differentiate the effectiveness of this program versus the efficiency of this program in regard to the premise of “your tax dollars well spent.” What would you change and why?