750-1000 words i speech coronavirus
Show me that you can
- Control the contents of a personal research paper with a clear and concise thesis statement.
- Integrate textual evidence from outside sources (in-text citations) to support that thesis.
- 3-4 pages (750-1000 words), typed, double-spaced, 12-pt Times New Roman, 1-inch margins
- 2-3 outside sources (one source needs to be an essay from Monsters). MLA format for citations. You will need a Works Cited page.
- Your paper should be clear, logical, and well organized.
- PROOFREAD! Submitting a paper with several sentence-level errors will result in a deduction of points from your final paper grade.
For this final assignment, you will write an I-Search paper about the coronavirus pandemic. An I-Search paper is usually less formal than a traditional research paper; it tells the story of the writer’s personal search for information, as well as what the writer learned about the topic. As you’re writing this paper, I want you to reflect on our discussions of monsters this semester. Has this pandemic forced any figurative or literal monsters to emerge? Has this situation made your inner monster come out, or has it made you a better person? Is this virus a monster? Does it turn people into monsters? Is this kind of viral, infectious threat more terrifying than, say, another form of menace or assault by a human or humanoid monster? You will need to reference at least one of the essays from Monsters we’ve read this semester.
Refer to the lecture/presentation for more detailed information on each part.
Part 1: The Search Story: Set up the situation
Part 2: Causes
Part 3: Effects
Part 4: Results
Part 5: Reflections