A plan for investment, a plan for reform
You will complete a Project based on the National Health Service (NHS) within the UK. One of the original goals put forth in The NHS Plan: A Plan for Investment, a Plan for Reform was to build more than 100 new hospitals.
You have been assigned the project manager to build Southmead Integrated Community Hospital and are responsible for procuring goods and services needed to complete the project. The specifications for the hospital are provided in the following document:
- North Bristol NHS Trust (n.d.) Integrated community hospital specification. Link to PDF
Your project deliverables (due at the end of Week 8) are:
- The procurement plan for hospital development.
- A list of at least four procurement issues faced by procurement managers in the NHS in UK.
- A strategy to handle procurement for a UK hospital on the basis of the following case study:
- United Kingdom Homecare Association Ltd. (2009) Procurement challenge case study [Online]. Available from: http://www.ukhca.co.uk/pdfs/challengingtenderscasestudies.pdf (Accessed: 7 July 2010).