Al2 | Applied Sciences homework help
- Be sure to use complete sentences and standard English spelling and grammar in your submissions.
- Be sure to refer to required readings and/or supplementary material in your submission and include citations when appropriate.
- Type your response directly into the text box.
- Do not write your assignment in the Comments section!
- You may use attachments only for images.
Watercolor painting is popular because the materials are simple and cleaning up is easy, but it can be challenging because the artist must plan ahead. The key to making a good watercolor is to anticipate where the white areas will be because once painted, the color cannot be removed. The artist leaves the white paper as the highlights and layers more in the darker areas.
Part 1 Directions – Painting:
Using a simple, inexpensive watercolor kit and a piece of watercolor paper (a heavy textured paper), paint an apple following this tutorial:
- You will not receive credit for this portion of the assignment if you do not attach the pictures of your process. You are not being graded on “how good it is”. Your grade is based on your effort and following the video tutorial.
- Write your name and class reference number on each image.
- Take pictures and scan and attach it to your submission.
- Take a picture of your initial sketch
- Take a picture in the middle of the process
- Take a picture of the completed assignment
Part 2 Directions – Photography:
- Choose five of the photographic categories from this chapter (e.g. portrait, snapshot, photojournalism, abstraction, photomontage).
- Using a cell phone or digital camera and/or iPad, take a photograph corresponding to each of your chosen categories.
- Label your photos (Change file name if needed) and upload your chosen photographs with an explanation of how each one relates to the relevant category.
Part 3 Directions – Reflection:
Answer the following questions:
Part 1 – Painting
- What do you notice when you paint over a section that was previously painted?
- What happens when you moisten the paper, then paint?
- Were you happy with the final result? Why? Why not?
Part 2 – Photography
- Describe each of the 5 images
- Do I have a strong composition?
- What specific editing did I do to the images?
- How well did I edit my photographs?
- What would I do differently if I shot this assignment again?
- Which activity did you prefer, painting or photography. Why?
- How did this assignment help to reinforce concepts in this module? Be sure to refer to required readings and/or supplementary material in your response and include citations when appropriate.