Apply linked list (data structures) | Data Structures for Problem Solving DAT/305 | University of Phoenix–Arizona
In this assignment, you will expand on the information provided in the course to answer the following questions in a 2- to 3-page paper:
What is the difference between a singly-linked list and a doubly-linked list?
- In what situation would you use a singly-linked list over a doubly-linked list?
- In what situation would you use a doubly-linked list over a singly-linked list?
If a node is in a linked list with N nodes, how many nodes will be traversed during a search for the node?
- Explain the best- and worst-case search scenarios.
- Explain why a singly-linked list defines a RemoveAfter() function, while a doubly-linked list defines a Remove() function.
- Could a RemoveAfter() function also be defined for a doubly-linked list? Explain why or why not.
- Could a Remove() function also be defined for a singly-linked list? Explain why or why not.
Format your paper according to appropriate course-level APA guidelines with at least three sources cited covering scholarly and industry sources.