Assignment 1(law) | Education homework help
Part 1: Cut and paste and bold questions and provide your answers under each. Respond to each question with a minimum of one complete sentence.
1. Give examples of policy actors who impact public education.
2. Give an example of a state and a federal statutory law. How are they similar and how are they different?
3. Give an example of federal spending clause legislation that impacts your district.
4. What are some of the duties of the state board of education and state department of education?
5. Give some examples of how court decisions have changed how teachers and students are treated in schools.
6. Give an example of a criminal case and a civil case. How are they similar and how are they different? Why would a school board be held to “preponderance of the evidence” standard rather than “beyond a reasonable doubt” standard? Is this good or bad?
7. Examine the federal circuit court responsible for your state. Where is the federal district court located? What states are included in the circuit court jurisdiction?
8. Compare the arrangement of your state court system with the federal court system. How are they similar and how are they different?
9. Why are standards of review important?
10. What is a writ of certiorari?
11. What is strict scrutiny?
12. What questions are asked by courts considering qualified immunity for school leaders?
13. Which statutory law(s) requires public school boards to publish meeting dates and times and provide a written record of proceedings?
14. Briefly list and describe the U. S. Supreme Court cases which FIRST established that the U. S. Constitution applies to school districts and school boards.
15. What is stare decisis?
16. What does it mean to sit en banc?