Assignment 4: business value of risk management plans
Assignment 4: Business Value of Risk Management Plans
Due Week 7 and worth 100 points
When organizations develop risk management plans, they need to consider the value of the assets being protected and the controls that are needed to mitigate the risks in a cost-effective manner. Likewise, managers need to ensure that their risk management plans are effective and support the organizational goals and objectives.
3-4 page paper in which you:
- Describe how an organization determines the level of necessary controls to mitigate the risks while considering the value of its assets.
- Suggest the assets that need to be protected for the seven (7) domains of a typical IT infrastructure. Determine the technical and business consequences if they are not protected. Note: Refer to Chapter 10 as a resource for the seven (7) domains.
- Suggest at least three (3) strategies on how to determine and effectively manage residual risk.
- Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe processes for implementing risk mitigation throughout an organization.
- Identify risk mitigation security controls.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in IT risk management.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to IT risk management using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.