benchmark – personal classroom management plan
Please use template
Portfolio created in Microsoft Word that focuses on the group of students in your program of study. Consider all you have learned throughout this course and the interaction you have had with classmates and include the following:
Table of Contents
Section title pages
- “My Philosophy of Classroom Management” – Write a 2-3-paragraph description of the
culture you will promote in your classroom. Include broad expectations of the
teacher and the students.
- “Classroom Procedures” –Include five from the “Procedures” assignment.
- “Rules, Consequences, and Reward System” – Include a rationale for your system.
- “Communication with Parents/Guardians” – Identify at least three ways you will communicate with parents and include a rationale for each.
- “Student Engagement Strategies” – Summarize three ways to keep your students engaged. Include drawings of classroom arrangements and how you would implement the drawings in your future classroom.
- “Professionalism” – Summarize ten ways of being professional with students, parents, co-workers, and administrators. Also, include your areas of strength, an area for
improvement, and why professionalism is important.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.