Bus 637 week 3 assignment
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, complete Levels 3 and 4 of the EI Games: Presentation Skills Course and watch the following videos How To Make A Good PowerPoint Presentation (Links to an external site.), Dealing With Objections (Links to an external site.), and How To Do A Good Presentation – 5 Steps To A Killer Opener (Links to an external site.).
Level 3: Preparing for the Presentation presents information about developing the presentation. The preparatory actions include the following:
- Creating an argument,
- Appropriate casting,
- Creating a team,
- The importance of rehearsal,
- Opening the presentation,
- Visual aids, and
- Fielding the team.
Level 4: Closing to Win focuses on delivering the presentation. Critical areas associated with delivering the presentation include the following:
- Managing the presentation flow,
- Delivering a compelling close,
- Coping with objections,
- Taking appropriate postpresentation actions, and
- Negotiating effectively.
While reflecting on the material offered in the EI Games: Presentation Skills Course and developing your paper, consider prior learning and prior work experience, in addition to the material presented. Disagreeing with the principles presented in Levels 3 and 4 is appropriate. However, do not reject the offered principles out of hand. Support acceptance or rejection of the offered principles with critical thinking and sound reasoning.
After completing the Levels 3 and 4 activities, reflect on the situation presented in which a member of the presentation team had an emergency on the day of the presentation. The emergency was such that the team member is unable to deliver her part of the presentation. The solution proposed in the EI Games advised the team to explain the situation to the potential client and ask for a rescheduled presentation date.
Create a summarized presentation problem contingency plan for the following issues:
- Audience members appear bored and uninterested in the presentation.
- Audience members frequently interrupt the presentation with objections.
- Audience members allude to the inconvenience they experienced because of the rescheduled presentation.
- Audience members ask probing questions the presentation team is unprepared to answer.
Limit contingency summaries to no more than two paragraphs per contingency and one paragraph per identified concern.
In your paper,
- Appraise the value or lack of value associated with asking for a presentation to be rescheduled because of an emergency.
- Frame your response with likely client reactions to the reschedule request.
- Determine three areas of concern the potential client might have based upon the reschedule request.
The EI Games Presentation Skills Course: Coping With Emergencies paper