Can you do assignment due by 7/26/15 sunday by 9:00 pm (2-4pages)
Requirements; 12 font double space ,APA format, citie refrences, cover page:
Application: Models of Addiction and the Assessment Process
Several models are prominent in the field of addictions; these models include the medical model, moral model, and the biopsychosocial model. A particular model advocated by an addictions professional will influence the professional’s choices of assessment methods and treatment of addiction.
- Consider the following definition of addiction by Michael Miller, M.D., former president of the American Society of Addiction Medicine: “At its core, addiction is not just a social problem or a moral problem or a criminal problem. It is a brain problem whose behaviors manifest in all these others areas…The disease is about brains, not drugs. It is about underlying neurology, not outward actions” (Addiction Treatment Magazine, 2011).
- Review the article, “New Definition of Addiction Causing Controversy Among Doctors.”
- Research two articles that support or refute this position.
- Examine Miller’s statement and, based on your research, identify which model it reflects and the implications for the assessment process.
Submit by Day 7 a 2- to 4-page paper that includes the following:
- A brief description of the articles you chose and an explanation of their significance to Miller’s definition
- An explanation of the model reflected in Miller’s statement and its implications for the assessment process
- An explanation of the controversy that exists between models of addiction and their effects on assessment
- An explanation of the relationship between the models of addiction and assessment processes
Cite your sources using APA guidelines.