Comparing mississippi, ncss, and core standards
Write a paper comparing the Mississippi social studies standards, the NCSS standards and the new Common Core standards. A copy of these standards is available on Canvas. The NCSS thematic standards are on page 54 in your book. For the Common Core standards, you are only responsible for writing about the K-5 standards that are on pages 9-33.
The paper needs to have an introduction and a conclusion and must consist of at least 900 words. The cover page does not count toward the word length. The paper must respond to the following questions:
- What is the difference between the three sets of standards?
- In what way are they the same?
- Which set of standards is more important? Why?
- Are any of the NCSS standards less important than others? Explain
- Are any of the Mississippi social studies frameworks less important than others? Explain
- Are any of the Core standards less important than others?
- If you had to make a change to the NCSS standards, what would you do? Explain
- If you had to make a change to the Mississippi frameworks, what would you do? Explain?
- If you had to make a change to the Core standards, what would you do? Explain
- What is your overall opinion of the three sets of standards?
This is the NCSS link:
The other 2 are uploads-
PLEASE READ THE DIRECTIONS CLEARLY TO UNDERSTAND THE ASSIGNMENT.