Competitive strategies in the us theme park industry: a popular media
Please read the article “Competitive strategies in the US theme park industry: a popular media perspective.”
Link to article (NID login required): https://login.ezproxy.net.ucf.edu/login?auth=shibb&url=http://search.ebscohost.com.ezproxy.net.ucf.edu/login.aspx?direct=true&db=hjh&AN=108645905&site=eds-live&scope=site
Write a FORMAL discussion post answering ONE of the following questions:
1. The article states that “winning does not just mean surviving; it means leading.” Describe what that means in the theme park and attraction industry today, including at least two examples of theme parks that have demonstrated this quality (with at least one example from a non-Disney or Universal park).2. The article also mentions “rivalry among existing competitors.” How has rivalry shaped the theme park landscape in Florida?3. Pick any three of the eight theme park strategies listed in the article. Next, identify theme parks that fit into each of those strategies (one theme park per strategy), and then compare and contrast them, looking at how each park uses its strategy to its advantage.
Write an INFORMAL (1-2 paragraph) discussion post about the following:
• What is one park you’ve never visit that you would really like to see someday? What is it about that park that piques your interest?
Required elements (formal post only):
• Post a 1-2 paragraph response by the assignment due date.• Cite at least one outside source that adds relevant information to the response.• Use APA format, including in-text citations and references (the assigned article as well as outside sources need to be cited properly and included in your references).• Ask an open-ended question at the end of your response to promote discussion.
Required elements (informal post)
• Post a 1-2 paragraph information answer to the question/prompt given• Submit both your formal and informal posts in the same submission.
• Reply to at least two students’ posts within 1 week from the assignment due date.• Replies must be substantial and contribute to the ongoing discussion.• Outside sources are not required in your replies, however if you do use an outside source you must cite it properly in APA format.
See rubric for grading details. The rubric can be found by clicking on “show rubric” at the top right corner of this page.
80% of your grade for this assignment is based on your initial post, and 20% is based on your replies. Late work is not accepted. If your initial post is submitted after the webcourse due date, you will receive a zero for that portion of the grade.