Conspiracy theory | communications | Indiana State University
This week, we will serve to use the class as a preliminary area of interest and support for our topic selection for the upcoming Informational speeches that will be due in the following weeks. It is always important to grasp what people know about your topic, how they feel about it, and allow yourself the opportunity to ask questions and receive feedback when possible before preparing a public speech.
The Blog this week will operate as a live proposal of your speech topic, consideration of research that you will locate and evaluate, and a sense of the audience, analysis to prepare your presentation to your peers. I want you to use the chapter readings to demonstrate the language of research as you propose what research you need and how you plan to integrate evidence.
To help, I want to provide some suggestions for your response:
- Topic (choose a conspiracy theory)
- Come up with a title (thesis) that clearly states your topic and is informative and descriptive
- Create an abstract/ summary (150-250 words)
- Discuss keywords central to your research topic or understanding the topic (consider groups, dates, events, historical foundations, and background, news sources, social media, and hashtags)
- Include a review of sources (Literature Review) you are looking at or intend to review for research/ Describe the proposed research (Methodology)
- Ask any questions to see how familiar your audience is with the proposed topics and clarify areas that may need more attention and those you can review in your presentation more quickly because they are well known by your audience.
Again, work on the blog entry with the idea that you need to contribute until you feel you have adequately represented yourself clearly in addressing the prompt. This should not be a final draft but a start to how you will approach your topic and what you are looking to include and where you will look more than having the answers and writing a research paper for submission.
Do not forget to respond and help others with planning their speeches through comments.
Locate 5 varied sources for your speech assignment. Remember you are choosing a conspiracy theory as your topic.
You need to include both scholarly research and Internet research.
Write an annotated bibliography using APA style of five (5) sources.