Creating a culture of innovation
Imagine you are creating a new and innovative technology company. In this assignment, consider the culture, management, and leadership of your organization. Remember that your company should be a place that people want to work.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Describe the characteristics of the people you would want working at your company, in relation to the culture you are trying to cultivate.
- Identify two (2) leadership qualities you would look for in employees. What does their background and previous experience look like?
- Discuss your company’s organizational culture. What are the ways you can help ensure that the company’s culture fosters creativity and innovation among employees?
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the principal theories and the various approaches to management that have evolved over time and their application to current management situations.
- Assess how various leadership styles fit cultural differences and effectively operate in global markets.
- Describe control systems that can improve a firm’s operations and facilitate change.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in management concepts.
- Write clearly and concisely about management concepts using proper writing mechanics.