Crowd sourcing | Nursing homework help
As one of the research managers in a large research hospital, you are in charge of neurobiology studies. You have been asked to work with the manager of the oncology studies to potentially implement a prevention study that will recruit healthy participants using crowd-sourcing. Although you have some knowledge of patient-centered research like crowd sourcing, this is new to you as well. However, you have embraced this project as a leader with a vision, and want it to be successful.
Your colleague in oncology is known as Sally-no because she is not open to new methods or ways of handling situations – this is one of the reasons you have been brought onboard. Her team is also very reluctant and resistant to change, having watched and learned from Sally-no.
Consequently, you have two challenges, a new project that will require you to research its pros and cons, and a negative team to work with. Here is your assignment:
You will write a report directed to senior management describing the crowd sourcing recruitment strategy and why it is a viable strategy. Then, you will outline your strategy for winning over the oncology team to perform a pilot study using crowd sourcing.
· 3-5 pages (APA format, with double spacing, references/citations, etc. – no need for title page) – 15 points
· 2-3 paragraphs describe crowd sourcing as is used in research recruitment – 20 points
· 2-3 paragraphs describe the pros and cons of the technique including ethical, logistical, and other issues – 20 points
· 2-3 paragraphs as to why you believe it is a viable strategy for a prevention study – 15 points
· 3-5 paragraphs on how you will win over the oncology team (using techniques from the textbook, your readings or your research – make sure any quotations or references are cited and referenced) – 25 points
1-2 paragraphs summary conclusion on your findings and strategy – 5 points