Cultural theoretical approaches | Business & Finance homework help
Assignment 1: Discussion—Global Stock Market and Exchange Rate Fluctuations
Financial crises have short-term and long-term effects. However, most often analysts are focused only on short-term effects. In this assignment, you will be challenged to look for short-term and long-term effects and to compare the effects of two financial crises: one from 1997 and one from 2007.
Using the University online library resources and the Internet, conduct research into the 1997 South Asian financial crisis and the financial crisis that began in 2007.
Then, do the following:
- Evaluate each financial crisis in terms of its impact on the international financial markets.
- How significantly were global stock markets affected?
- How did the major currencies react during each crisis?
- What are the lessons to be learned from each crisis?
Be sure to cite your sources.
Write your initial response in a minimum of 300 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Beginning Sunday, April 6, 2014, post your responses to the appropriate Discussion Area
Assignment 2: LASA—Applying Cultural Theoretical Approaches
In this assignment, you will apply the cultural theories from the Cultural Theoretical Approaches Literature Review (Week 4 RA) to an examination of the globalization trends and the changing relationships between corporations, governments, and civil society, surrounding the concept of CSR in MNCs.
- Search for at least four (4) articles related to the role of governments and civil society in the global economy, focusing on aspects related to CSR.
- Present a literature review of the cultural approaches, globalization, and CSR.
- Analyze the political, legal, social, cultural, economic, technological, and environmental trends in the context of the current global economy.
- Evaluate the role of international and domestic governmental and nongovernmental organizations in the social responsibility of global corporations.
- Assess the value of MNCs in increasing wealth, improving lives and communities, alleviating poverty, and preserving a healthy natural environment in the places where they operate.
- Recommend business strategies for MNCs entering new countries to ensure business success in a responsible way.
Write an 18-pages paper in a Word document, using a minimum of 11 sources. Make sure you write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Use the APA format.
Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M7_A2.doc. For example, if your name is John Smith, your document will be named SmithJ_M7_A2.doc.
By Thursday, April 10, 2014, deliver your assignment to the M7: Assignment 2 Dropbox.