Culture of safety related to health information technology | Professional Nursing Practice | Ohio University
For this discussion, you will address the following:
- Review the attached article, paying particular attention to the case study on p. 13
- First, identify the two types of IT-related incidents
- Briefly describe the situation in the case study
- What type of IT incident is seen in this case study?
- What were the potential consequences to the patient in this case study?
- How can nurse leaders establish a culture of safety related to health IT?
Your initial post must be posted before you can view and respond to colleagues, must contain minimum of two (2) references, in addition to examples from your personal experiences to augment the topic. The goal is to make your post interesting and engaging so others will want to read/respond to it. Synthesize and summarize from your resources in order to avoid the use of direct quotes, which can often be dry and boring. No direct quotes are allowed in the discussion board posts.Post a thoughtful response to at least two (2) other colleagues’ initial postings. Responses to colleagues should be supportive and helpful (examples of an acceptable comment are: “This is interesting – in my practice, we treated or resolved (diagnosis or issue) with (x, y, z meds, theory, management principle) and according to the literature…” and add supportive reference. Avoid comments such as “I agree” or “good comment.”
Points: 30Due Dates:
- Initial Post: Thu, Apr 29 by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) of the US.
- Response Post: Sat, May 1 by 8:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) of the US – (the response posts cannot be done on the same day as the initial post).
- Initial Post: Minimum of two (2) total references: one (1) from required course materials and one (1) from peer-reviewed references.
- Response posts: Minimum of one (1) total reference: one (1) from peer-reviewed or course materials reference per response.
- Initial Post: Minimum 200 words excluding references (approximately one (1) page)
- Response posts: Minimum 100 words excluding references.