Discussion – budgeting, cash management, and taxes
In this discussion, you will have an opportunity to make connections between your prior knowledge and the new content you are learning this week. Use your results from this week’s Build Your Proficiency diagnostic to provide context for your prior knowledge and consider the new content about the budgeting, banking, and income taxes as you respond to the following discussion prompt.
In a minimum of 175 words, respond to question 1 and at least two additional questions from this list:
- Identify one concept from the Build Your Proficiency diagnostic from Chapters 3 and 4 that you scored lowest in. How might this concept be important to your personal finances? Why would you want to know more about this?
- In the Wk 2 Learning Path, watch “Peer to Peer Video: Budgeting in Excel” in WileyPLUS. What is your experience with creating and using a personal budget? If you have been able to stick with one, what has worked for you? If you have not been able to, what would help you create a budget you could use?
- Have you tracked your expenses to identify variances? If so, what method did you use? If not, what would be the benefit of doing so?
- In the Wk 2 Learning Path, watch Peer to Peer Videos: “Filling Out Employment Tax Paperwork: Pay Attention and Review Your Paycheck Withholdings Regularly” in WileyPLUS. How can your tax withholding affect your budget or financial goals?
- In the Wk 2 Learning Path in WileyPLUS, use the Personal Financial Planning Worksheet 3.4: Evaluating Financial Service Providers to compare two financial institutions. What did you find? What is most important to you in this evaluation?