Discussion question 1 | Law homework help
Engendering positive social change is at the core of the school’s mission. As future researchers and scholar-practitioners in your fields, you have likely had, and will continue to have, opportunities to apply your learning experiences to making a difference in the lives of others.
This week, you consider the relationship between research and social change and the role of the researcher as a social change agent. You also reflect on your current research skills to determine and prepare for the next steps to take in becoming a researcher.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review the “Social Change, “Researcher Advice,” and the “Researcher Skills” media segments.
- Reflect upon your progress and growth as a researcher. Consider the questions and statements that follow.
- How far have you come since the beginning of the course? What new learning about the research process has most surprised you? What impression or attribute about the research process is different than you imagined it to be prior to taking this course?
- Where are opportunities for improvement to focus on as you continue taking courses in research methods and work toward your thesis or dissertation?
- For Ph.D. students only: Where are you in your residency requirement? What is your next residency milestone? What do you hope to achieve at your next residency?
- How do you now understand the relationship between research and social change? How do you see yourself as a social change agent?
- What are your next steps in becoming a successful researcher and graduate student? What challenges do you anticipate, and how might you overcome them?
With these thoughts in mind:
Post an explanation of the relationship between research and social change. Then, explain the role of a researcher as an agent of positive social change. Next, describe your plans for the next steps you need to take in becoming a successful researcher and graduate student.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the reading(s) and/or media segment(s) and use APA format.