Documenting children’s learning | Education homework help
Title: Documenting Children’s LearningDue to the pandemic, it is understood that many people are not working with children. Please call Cherubs Childcare #2 Address: 2115 Rim Rd, Fayetteville, NC 28314 Phone: (910) 864-4627For this reason, you will find a child (your child, friend, family member child between 0-8 yrs old)Introduction
Anecdotal record documents a student’s growth and trends. Such records are intended to be brief, factual accountings. The recorded observations are intended to identify the child’s current skill level, interestsThe Assignment/Grading Criteria:
- Select a child (1) who is between Birth-8 years of age. The child you select is the focus in your anecdote. – 10 points
- Be specific and date each anecdote. Times – note the beginning time of significant moment. Write verbs in past tense. -10 points
- Follow the child as s/he moves, if necessary. Quickly record in sequence all activity and try to quote, word for word, the child’s speech and interaction ( Note if the record pertains to social, cognitive, physical, or language domain. )
- Write up your observation using a minimum of 300 words- 30 points
- 5.Observation- Tell me about the thoughts which guided your observation. – 20 points
- What questions guided your observation?
6. Findings- Report your results and interpret what you observed. 30 points
- What did you observe?
- What did you learn about your target child?
- What new questions do you have about your target child now?
** Avoid subjective statements where you give your opinion or make inferences about things**It is not necessary to quote a teacher’s comments; just summarize teacher comments. Resources:
Anecdotal Records-NAEYC-Article.pdf Anecdotal Records-NAEYC-Article.pdf – Alternative Formats
Be sure to read the assignment and click all links to show how the assignment should be done.