Due bye saturday morning. discussion question 1 & 2
Week 2 eActivity
· Go to the RubiStar Website, located at http://rubistar.4teachers.org, and the QuizStar Website, located at http://quizstar.4teachers.org. Take a tour of both Websites to see how they are organized. Be prepared to discuss.
· Read the article, “How Teachers Use Technology: The Latest Research”, located at http://www.edutopia.org/blog/how-teachers-use-technology-mary-beth-hertz. Be prepared to discuss.
Week 2 Discussion 1
“Lesson Planning with Technology” Please respond to the following:
From this week’s Other Preparation, examine the effects of incorporating technology on academic content, goals and objectives, evaluations, and tests. Provide two (2) specific examples that support technology inclusion in this fashion.
From the first e-Activity, compare and contrast the Web 2.0 tools found on RubiStar’s and QuizStar’s Website. Based on your review of these Websites, suggest two (2) aspects of the sites that would facilitate instructors in the evaluation of their students.
Week 2 Discussion 2
· I think this article on Blended Learning is a good place to start our discussions.
“The Existence of the Digital Divide” Please respond to the following:
· From the second e-Activity, argue the belief that all learning environments should provide technology to all students, regardless of economic standing, so that all might benefit from the integration of technology into learning. Provide two (2) examples of technological integration to support your rationale.
· Imagine that you have been tasked to develop a technology integration plan for a learning environment with a high population of students from low socioeconomic backgrounds. Identify three (3) specific issues that could affect integration of technology in the classroom and suggest three (3) ways to address or resolve these issues.