Eng122 english composition week 5
Final Research Paper
Before you submit your Final Research Paper, make sure that you have
- Reviewed the “Research Paper Guidelines” to ensure your paper addresses all required components and develops a clear position in response to one of the writing prompts provided.
- Reviewed the Model Final Research Paper in order to understand expectations for the assignment.
- Incorporated a minimum of five scholarly sources.
- Provided well-researched evidence to support each claim.
- Incorporated feedback or suggestions into your revisions.
- Proofread your final draft for errors in grammar, mechanics, and style.
- Written a paper that is approximately seven to ten pages total in length, including
- a title page
- five to seven pages of body text (1,500 to 2,000 words)
- a references page
- Formatted your paper according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Your Final Research Paper will be assessed on the following components:
- APA formatting
The Final Research Paper
- Must have a body length of five to seven double-spaced pages formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought, well-supported claims, and properly cited evidence.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use and cite at least five scholarly sources from the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
An annotated bibliography begins the preliminary research process. The document will serve as an ongoing list of sources that will support your Final Research Paper. Each of the sources should be cited in APA format (for help, click on APA Formatting Instructions for Microsoft Word) and should include a two-paragraph summary, or annotation, of the resource contents and how you intend to use the information within your paper. Be sure to utilize the information from this week’s Argument and Thesis Workshop discussion, and refer to “Research Paper Guidelines” for additional support. Before beginning, please review the Model Annotated Bibliography.
To fulfill the research component of this assignment, you must:
- Conduct several searches using any of the databases in the Ashford University Library.
- Select at least five scholarly peer-reviewed sources from your library search that support the topics and arguments you plan to present in your Final Research Paper.
To fulfill the written component of this assignment, you must:
- Include a title page that is formatted in proper APA style.
- List APA-style references in alphabetical order along with your unique paragraph summaries.
- Annotation paragraphs must be original and cannot be copied from abstracts or other summaries. Copied-and-pasted annotations may receive a zero grade.
- Format your assignment according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Your annotated bibliography should be double-spaced with one-inch margins and use 12-point Times New Roman font.
Your annotations should contain
- A complete summary, in your own words, of the information presented in the article.
- Your analysis of the best use of this information in your paper, written in your own words.
- Identification of a possible topic sentence and/or claim the information will support.
The bibliography must be 500 to 700 words in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
The aging American population will require extra health and human services in the near future.
Some experts have expressed concern that we are unprepared for the population surge in the geriatric age group.
Develop an argument that explains the necessary steps for the healthcare industry and the federalgovernment to take to prepare for the needs of aging Americans. Support your position with
academic and scholarly source material.