Future opportunities essay | ENG 121 English Composition I | Ashford University
Prior to beginning work on this final paper, read Chapter 6 in your course textbook. Also considering that this is the final writing assignment, you will want to review all previous class materials, including all chapters read as well as your discussion board responses. Prior to beginning work on this assignment, reflect on your Week 2 and Week 3 assignments and consider how this assignment serves as a culmination of your earlier work. It is hoped that the assignments in this course help trace the development of your thinking, as well as the development of your writing skills; as a result, some work you have already done might help you develop this paper. Please note that you should always reflect on and revise previous work based on your instructor’s feedback before you consider incorporating it into different assignments.
Click the links below to access the Week 2 and Week 3 assignments.
ENG121 Narrative Arc
- Wk 5: Future Opportunities Paper
Your paper is required to have an introduction paragraph that will include a thesis sentence and a conclusion paragraph that helps provide closure. Additionally, your body paragraphs will be expected to address the following ideas:
- Describe your personal ethos.
- Use your Week 2 Personal-Professional Narrative Essay as a guide.
- Survey the development of your writing skills over the last five weeks.
- Refer to your discussion board work, as well as any assessments you made in your Week 3 paper.
- Be sure to describe how your writing skills stand now, listing particular strengths as well as challenges you still face.
- Investigate how the personal ethos you articulated in the Week 2 paper helped you develop in this class.
- Reference specific traits or qualities that fueled specific growth opportunities.
- Discuss your plan for meeting the challenge of developing your writing skills to be better prepared for applications in your field.
- Reference your research from the Week 3 assignment paper about what types of writing you may be asked to do in the future.
- Produce a clear vision of where you will be in five years and how your experience and skills have shaped that development.
- Refer to your unique experiences and specific skills to help chart this path forward.
The Future Opportunities Essay,