Hematological case study | Nursing homework help
Hematological Case Study
Sarah is in today with a chief complaint of feelings of fatigue, pallor, dyspnea on exertion, and palpitations. Her laboratory report indicates that her hematocrit, hemoglobin, and reticulocyte counts are low; that her MCV is high; and that her MCH and MCHC are normal. Her diagnosis is pernicious anemia.
Answer the following questions regarding Sarah’s anemia and provide the pathophysiology associated with the body’s response to this disease process.
1. What are the laboratory tests to be ordered in patients suspected of anemia?
2. What are the clinical manifestations noted in a patient with pernicious anemia?
3. What nonpharmacological therapies are associated with the treatment of pernicious anemia?
4. What the lab findings indicative iron deficiency anemia?
5. Please share possible complications of untreated pernicious anemia.
6. What is the purpose of the Schilling test?
– Two pages minimum