Hickock mining is evaluating when to open a gold mine.

Hickock Mining is evaluating when to open a gold mine. The mine has 48,800 ounces of gold left that can be mined, and mining operations will produce 6,100 ounces per year. The required return on the gold mine is 11 percent, and it will cost $34.1 million to open the mine. When the mine is opened, the company will sign a contract that will guarantee the price of gold for the remaining life of the mine. If the mine is opened today, each ounce of gold will generate an aftertax cash flow of $1,410 per ounce. If the company waits one year, there is a 65 percent probability that the contract price will generate an aftertax cash flow of $1,610 per ounce and a 35 percent probability that the aftertax cash flow will be $1,310 per ounce.

 

Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Hickock mining is evaluating when to open a gold mine.
Just from $13/Page
Order Essay

What’s the Option value?

Calculator

Calculate the price of your paper

Total price:$26
Our features

We've got everything to become your favourite writing service

Need a better grade?
We've got you covered.

Order your paper