Hr employment law | Human Resource Management homework help
Managing a Compliant and Diverse Workplace
Recall from Assignment 1 the company had a few HR-related lawsuits that were not in the company’s favor. To be more specific, claims of harassment, not reasonably accommodating disabilities, and work-life balance concerns were all issues brought by employees forcing the company to answer to, and defend itself. As the new CHRO you want to enact stronger policies and guidelines to avoid these types of situations in the future.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
- Briefly note how harassment in the workplace affects equal employment opportunity and describe at least 4 elements a plaintiff must show to go forward with a harassment claim. How might an organization avoid these elements from occurring? HINT:
- Explain your overall understanding on reasonable accommodation of disability (consider reviewing ADA rules). Then, discuss a minimum of 3 things a plaintiff filing a failure to accommodate claim must show that helps to prove they are qualified for the job in question. (Provide 1 or 2 examples)
- Make a connection between religious advocacy/harassment and bona fide occupational qualification. Can churches promoting a certain religion refuse to hire those who have a different religion? If so or if not, why?
- Discuss your overall understanding of FMLA and the pregnancy discrimination act as it relates to organizations granting leave for each. Then, identify 2-3 common FMLA mistakes managers make and what you would do to avoid the mistakes. HINT: http://www.kansastag.gov/AdvHTML_Upload/files/FMLA-5-Slip-Ups-White-Paper.pdf
- Go to https://research.strayer.edu to locate at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as academic resources. (SEND ME A MESSAGE FOR ACCESS THIS SITE)
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
*Please be sure to make sure there are details supporting all responses.
USE THIS BOOK AS 1 OF THE REFERENCES
Walsh, D. J. (2019). Employment Law for Human Resource Practice (6th ed.). Mason, OH: South-Western Cengage Learning.