Hrm/326 hrm 326 week 5 / final exam / all correct answers
HR326 Final Exam, 150Pts Total
True/False worth .5 point each: Please mark the column of your answer with an X.
Multiple Choice Worth .5 point each – Use the highlighter function to select the entire row of your answer.
1) Diversity training is not designed to help employees:
a) Receive promotions and pay increases
b) Gain appreciation for differences in the workplace
c) Understand how their values, beliefs, and stereotypes affect others
d) Change attitudes
2) The Employer Assistance Programs allows an employer to pay an employee up to _________ for certain education experiences:
a) Two classes per semester
b) $5,250 tax-deductible per year
c) 20% of their annual salary on reimbursement
d) $2,550 per year upon written request
3) Which of the following is not necessarilyincluded in a good Program Design?
a) Course parameters
b) Skill set
c) Lesson Plan Overview
e) Detailed Lesson Plan
4) Formalized strategic planning can be defined as:
a) the development of a company’s relatively long‑term vision.
b) the development of relatively short‑term objectives.
c) a process for determining how best to pursue the organization’s mission while meeting the demands of the environment.
d) the development of values and ideals of the organization.
5) When evaluating the evolution of training ______ knowledge refers to knowledge that can be formalized, codified and communicated.
6) Which of the following statements about CBT and e-learning is not true?
a) It is effective at getting trainees attention.
b) Can involve simulations.
c) Both A and B.
d) Provides clear, positive growth of ROI
e) All of the above are true.
7) In strategic planning a _______________strategy focuses on the longer term and its process is more formalized, typically involving sophisticated analytical and decision-making tools.
8) To deal with a KSA deficiency, an appropriate remedy suggested in the text is:
b) Review equipment for functionality.
c) Providing proper feedback.
d) All of the above.
9) A decentralized training department results in
a) stronger alignment with business strategy.
b) morefreedom to respond to vendors and programs that best meet their needs.
c) more control over training content.
d) better integration programs for developing leaders and management talent.
10) If learning objectives focus around coaching, judgment, organizing, planning, and written communications, _____ can make an appropriate training exercise.
a) the in‑basket
b) computer based training
c) personality test
d) role playing
e) the case study
11) In an Intelligent Tutoring System, which of the following is not a function of a training session manager?
a) Interpreting trainee actions.
b) Responding either with more information, coaching, or tutoring.
c) Determining the order and level of difficulty of problems presented to the trainee.
d) Reporting results, determining how and when to remediate the trainee.
12) A person’s self-efficacy cannot really be increased by ___________.
b) Verbal persuasion.
c) Logical verification.
13) Which of the following statements regarding OJT trainers is not true?
a) OJT trainersshouldhave training as a part of their written Job Description.
b) OJT trainers should use an unstructured approach in training.
c) OJT trainers must be knowledge experts.
d) OJT trainers need to understand training how to train and how to do the job effectively.
14) When evaluating training, which of the following methods in determining the benefits of training is not beneficial?
a) Pilot training programs are good for testing.
b) Observing successful performers vs. successful job performers.
c) Technical, academic and practitioner literature.
d) Having trainees and managers provide estimates of training benefits.
e) None of the above.
15) In the evaluation of training, methods to control threats to validity include:
a) Procedural evaluation.
b) Comparison groups.
c) Random assignment.
d) Process evaluation.
e) B & C above
16) Which of the following is a part of the learning model for E-Learning:
a) Collaborative learning and learning labs
b) Interactive Learning Modules and Simulations
c) Management detail views and comparative design
d) A &B above
17) In the area of working storage _______ is the form of instruction that provides practice and over- learning to aid in its attainment.
18) How would you determine if employees had the reading level necessary to succeed in a training program?
a) Compilation of their resume
b) Panel interview employees to determine basic skills
c) Conduct a literacy audit
d) Research their cognitive ability.
19) ____ are employees with citizenship in the country where the company is located. A key reason to use them is they can more easily understand the values and customs of the work force than the ______.
a) Host-country nationals / expatriate.
b) Expatriates / parent-company national.
c) Parent-country nationals / host-country national.
d) Host-country nationals / patriot.
20) In the Training Process Model, the Process Evaluation Data firstbecomes influenced at which point?
a) After the design phase
b) After the implementation phase
c) After the development phase
d) All of the above