Human resource policy manual | Human Resource Management homework help
The Key Assignment for this course will involve creating a PowerPoint presentation for a new manager training program on the various laws that are in the human resources (HR) management policy manual. The purpose of the presentation is to equip new managers to deal with their teams. For this assignment, you will create a PowerPoint presentation of at least 8 slides with at least 200 words of speaker notes per slide. You should also research and utilize 4 academic sources in your presentation.
Include the information below in your presentation. When discussing each act, provide an example of how it might be violated by an employer or employee and the approach that can be used (such as EEOC, diversity, grievances, counseling, documentation, or termination) to address the violation.
- Title slide
- Agenda, purpose, or introduction slide
- Discussion of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Discussion of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Discussion of different types of harassment
- Discussion of the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
- Discussion of the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- A team-building activity that addresses one of the topics in the presentation
- Summary or conclusion slide
- Reference slide
Finalize your project by reviewing the feedback that you received from your instructor and your peers. Then, add 2-4 slides with at least 200 words of speaker notes per slide and one scholarly source addressing the following:
- In the past 2–5 years, employee handbooks and manuals have needed to be updated to include the use of social media and electronic devices. Using an employee handbook from a current or previous workplace, make suggestions for improving these sections, because new sources of social media and more advanced electronic devices are regularly being introduced to the market. Address topics such as: refraining from workplace commentary on social media, maintaining a professional image, what can be shared and what not to share on social media, harassment, privacy, and IT security.