Hw | Reading homework help
Final Papers must be  pages, double-spaced, 12 point font with one inch margins. You must have an introduction, body, and conclusion. The 6th page of the paper will be a reference/works cited page. Please refer to this link for an example of the Harvard System: http://libweb.anglia.ac.uk/referencing/harvard.htm
The Final Paper should focus on the content and theme of the Plan of Chicago(Daniel Burnham) chapter you were assigned earlier in the class (mid‐term). ( I WAS ASSIGNED TO CHAPTER 3: Chicago, the metropolis of the middle east)
Specifically you should go through the following exercises:
1} SUMMARIZE _ the chapter from the Plan of Chicago that you were assigned. This section should not be more than ½ page.
2} EVALUATE _What were some ideas within the Chapter that were actually implemented…or not implemented…were they influential…or not influential. Why?
3} IDENTIFY_ a major problem in the region. Discuss why it is an urgent, region wide problem. Use at least two examples to show why it is a problem.
4} RECOMMEND _You are a resident of Chicago. Discuss your proposed solution and identify any places that have used this as a solution. Explain what Daniel Burnham would think of your ideas. (i.e. show you are thinking big).
Based on the ideas and themes within the chapter you were assigned what recommendations would you make for the future?
Here is what will give you an [A] on your Final Paper.
- Utilizing the readings (multiple readings) and lectures to strengthen your argument.
- You have been Recording and reflecting throughout the class in your notebooks and journals. Use this work to support your point. This may be where you find some of your RECOMMENDATIONS
- Generating a clear organizing framework. Your paper must have a beginning, middle and end. I am looking for logical organization and readability. You should be writing, and then rewriting to tighten your arguments. Use the Writing Center if you need help – that is what they are there for.
- Watch your style, spelling, organization, grammar, etc. Double check everything, read and re‐read, have a roommate read it over for you. Proofread!
- You must have one source from outside the readings.
- Your paper must be free of grammatical errors and must make an argument drawing on your knowledge of the Plan of Chicago. Extra points if you discuss how to pay for your recommendations.