industrialization after the civil war thesis and outlin
1. Write a thesis statement that is one to two (1-2) sentences long in which you:
- State your thesis on how industrialization after the Civil War influenced U.S. society, economy, and politics. Justify your response.
2. Write a one to two (1-2) page outline in which you:
- Determine three (3) major aspects of industrialization between 1865 and 1920 that influenced U.S. society, economy, and politics. (Consider issues such as geography, entrepreneurship, legislative representation, etc.)
- List five (5) specific groups that were affected by industrialization. Provide two (2) examples for each group describing how the group was affected. (Consider issues such as race, ethnicity, gender, child labor, etc.)
- List five (5) ways that industrialization affected the life of the average working American during this period.
- Use at least three (3) academic references besides or in addition to the textbook. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify and discuss the different ways that the Civil War, Reconstruction, and Industrialization after the Civil War have shaped America’s history.
- Summarize and discuss the ways that formal policies of government have influenced the direction of historical and social development in the United States.
- Recognize the major turning points in American history since the Civil War.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in contemporary U.S. history.
- Write clearly and concisely about contemporary U.S. history using proper writing mechanics.