Integrating technology resources | Special Education
Utilizing resources and media to make meaningful connections to social studies content within lessons helps teachers to engage their students. Surveying and analyzing potential technology resources that integrate real-life application in the social studies classroom is vital for today’s fast-moving classroom. With a technology-based resource list, teachers are well equipped with tools to engage students and allow them to work both independently and collaboratively.
Review Texas social studies academic standards specific to state history and geography.
Create a 10-15 slide digital presentation for an audience of your fellow educators that showcases integrating media, resources, and technology into social studies curriculum specific to your state’s history and geography standards. Identify a minimum of five technology resources, one of which should integrate the arts into the content.
Your presentation should include:
- Link to your state’s history and geography standards.
- Description of each technology resource and how it works.
- A specific learning activity for each technology resource that demonstrates scaffolded instruction of the standards identified.
- Explanation of how the technology resource engages students and allows them to work independently and collaboratively.
- Real-world application of the standards that is promoted by the technology resource.
- Title page, presenter’s notes, and reference page.
Digital presentation should include graphics that are relevant to the content, visually appealing, and use space appropriately.
Support your findings with 2-3 scholarly resources.