Internship job apply for school of medicine. please follow the
1. describe your laboratory lab experience, and identify if lab/PI, etc. (150 words)
– ” I took general chemistry1,2, and 3 with lab, if you didn’t take chemistry lab before, please search in google what does chemistry lab is and then describe as your laboratory lab experience.)
2. List your field(s) of interest for scientific research
– write 150 words!
3. Please elaborate on the adversity that you experienced, as indicated above. Please have the response be between 300-500 words.
Please respond to the following essay question. The response should be double spaced and a maximum of 500 words.
Please describe your career goals and explain how this internship would further those goals. Briefly describe how previous life experiences, coursework, and obstacles have influenced your interest in a health science career. If germane to your career plans, discuss relevant patient groups, diseases or conditions, communities, and/or geographic areas. Please also discuss any previous research experience, and specify particular areas of interest for your summer research project. (The more specific you are with your research interest the better we can match you with a mentor.)
4. Please respond to the following essay question. The response should max 300 words and double spaced.
Short Essay: “Diversity, it turns out, goes to the heart of how to do research and innovation effectively. In the scientific literature, it is clear that diversity speaks directly to the quality and effectiveness of teams. As Katherine W. Phillips tells us when we have to work with people who are not like ourselves, we tend to prepare more thoroughly and work harder to marshal our arguments, and we do better work as a result. Diversity is beneficial for teams precisely because we react differently to people who are different from us. If the end goal is excellence, diversity is an essential ingredient.” – Scientific American
One of the goals at OHSU and the Center for Diversity and Inclusion is to develop a diverse workforce. Discuss why you believe diversity is important to the scientific and health work-force.