Introduction questions for a reflection essay-public speaking
In order to improve your public speaking skills, it is vital to reflect on your public speaking experience.
- How often do you speak in public? Where? How do you feel about it?
- Do you experience communication apprehension? What type? (trait, situational, audience, and/or context)
- Imagine that you have to give a speech next week. What would you do? Do you write an outline? Do you practice? How? Reflect on the process (I won’t judge you! Use this exercise to self-reflect).
- In what ways does public speaking relate to your personal and professional path?
- What are your goals for this course? How are you going to achieve them? What can you do to hold yourself accountable?
Length: minimum 300- maximum 700 words.
Note: Answer the following questions related to a Public Speaking course. For being an international student, you may write a reflection related to that.