Legal and ethics d 1
Review the Terminal Course Objectives, accessed by clicking on the Course Information tab at the top of your screen, scrolling down to the Course Objectives, and then selecting View class objectives. How will accomplishing these objectives support your success in management? What risks or challenges might a manager encounter if they have not mastered these objectives? Explain.
Our course objectives for this class includes the following:
- Assess opposing views of current polices and the implications from both sides.
- Compose a document to employees addressing recent legal and ethical issues which may require changes in how an organization operates.
- Differentiate between the demands of legal policies, ethical issues with relevance to the needs of the provider and patient.
- Explain the value of various policies and procedures at the federal, state and local levels as they relate to the provision of healthcare and patient rights.
- Plan an implementation process supporting recent policy changes.
2. Unit Objectives
Unit 1: Ethical Principles and Paradigms
- What is “ethics?”
- What are ethical principles?
- What are ethical paradigms?
- What are ethical dilemmas?
- Why is it important to study ethics in healthcare?