Lethal lancer | English homework help
1. Write an introductory paragraph explaining what you believe is meant by a “comprehensive approach to literacy instruction”? How does it incorporate aspects of both the meaning-based and skills-based approaches (review Chapter 1)? What are the benefits of a blended approach such as this?
2. Paragraph 2: Review the Reading Workshop in Chapter 9. Discuss the 4 parts of the Reading Workshop and the benefits of this approach.
3. Paragraph 3: Review what you have learned about different forms of assessment (ongoing and on-demand) and provide some examples of each that might be used in this comprehensive approach to literacy instruction. (See Chapter 7)
4. Paragraph 4–5: Reflect on what you have learned about teaching special needs and English Language Learners throughout Units 1–9. What are some modifications or accommodations you have learned about that can be used to enhance literacy experiences of these children? Be sure to describe several examples for special needs students and several examples for English Language Learners. Paragraph 4 should focus on special needs students and paragraph 5 should focus on English Language Learners.
5. Write a concluding paragraph summarizing the benefits of a comprehensive approach to literacy instruction and why it is an effective philosophy. Also include any personal connections you have made to this course’s content and how you can apply your learning to the field of early childhood development. In what way has this course helped to enhance your competence as an early childhood professional?