Madam easy only | English homework help
Assignment 1: Discussion
For this assignment, you should present your thesis statement and outline for the researched argumentative essay.
By Saturday, May 14, 2016, post your outline in the discussion below.
You can use this plan to start your outline. It will help you to make sure that your essay contains all of the usual pieces that an argumentative research essay would contain:
- Part 1: Give a general introduction to the problem, including the thesis statement. The thesis statement should present a clearly defined position on a debatable topic.
- Part 2: Present the history of the problem, including, perhaps, past attempts at a solution.
- Part 3: Discuss the extent of the problem. Who is affected by it? How bad is it?
- Part 4: Indicate what will happen if the problem is not solved.
- Part 5: Connect the argument with facts that prove your points. Note the areas of objections and offer concessions if needed.
- Part 6: Provide a conclusion, including a restatement of the thesis and summary of the main ideas.