Mis 589 week 2 quiz set 1 (multiple choice)
MIS 589 Week 2 Quiz Set 1 (Multiple Choice)
1. (TCO B) A(n) _____circuit is another name for a multipoint configuration.
2. (TCO B) The technology director has decided that a host based application architecture based on mainframes is best for the payroll application. As the network engineer you need to decide which type of transmission is best and want to keep things as simple as possible. Select the transmission type that is ideally suited for this situation.
3. (TCO B) The Chief Information Officer has put you in charge of building the network. The CIO has informed you that cost are a factor in building the network. Security is not a concern and the CIO would like moderate speed. What type of media would you consider to build this network using to meet the CIO’s needs?
4. (TCO B) Which is true regarding parallel transmission mode?
5. (TCO B) With respect to converting digital data into analog signals, AM stands for:
6. (TCO C) A member of upper management has just informed you that an office space needs to accommodate seven new networked computers. In this office space you have one network cable that runs back to the main network distribution point. You want to get the seven new computers running as soon as possible. What is the fasted method of getting them connected to the network?
7. (TCO C) The storage capacity of your servers is quickly being exhausted. Organizational leadership has given you as much funding as you need to establish a long term solution to this problem. Which is the best option below to address this storage space problem from a long term perspective?
8. (TCO C) Why do Switched Ethernet networks improve network performance?
9. (TCO C) Which is true about a network hub?
10. (TCO C) Which technology do most organizations today employ?