Need 2response to cyber stalking essay
Please read the below essay and provide the response in 50 to 75 words
Cyberstalking is a crime through a medium of communication like internet, emails, or any other electronic communications to stalk, threaten, or harass another person. Cyberstalking most commonly involves in sending harassment emails, messages, or posting on social media or creating a website for the sole purpose of tormenting the victim.
Cyberstalking law for state of Texas
According to Texas state law, cyberstalking harassment means AN ACT relating to the creation of the offense of online harassment.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF TEXAS:
SECTION 1. Chapter 33, Penal Code, is amended by adding
Section 33.07 to read as follows ONLINE HARASSMENT
- A person commits an offense if the person uses the name or persona of another person to create a web page on or post one or more message on a commercial social networking website:
- Without obtaining the other person’s consent; and
- With the intent to harm, defraud, intimidate, or threaten any person.
- A person commits an offense if the person sends an electronic mail, instant message, text message, or similar communication that references a name, domain address, phone number, or another item of identifying information belonging to any person.
- Without obtaining the other person consent;
- With the intent to cause a recipient of the communication to reasonably believe that the other person authorized or transmitted the communication; and
- With the intent to harm or defraud any person.
- It is a defense to prosecution under this section that the actor is any of the following entities or that the actor’s conduct consisted solely of action taken as an employee of any of the following entities:
- Commercial social networking site;
- An internet service provider;
- An interactive computer service, as defined by section 47 U.S.C. section 230
Basically, according to the law, if any person is performing any offense without other person knowledge, it can be through any medium like text, email then they can be punished under offensive rules.