Nursing concepts of teaching & learning w2
Course Project Overview
Developing an Instructional Unit
This project will help you focus on the important concepts presented throughout the course. For this project, you will be expected to develop three lesson plans as part of an instructional unit on a subject of your choice focusing on one disease. The project will contain one lesson plan focused on education of a patient, one on family education, and one on staff development. The plans should demonstrate a logical approach to teaching, communicate what is to be taught and how, and outline how objectives are to be evaluated. At a minimum, each final lesson must contain the following components:
· Provide the title of the lesson.
· Identify and describe the learners.
o Include Learner Assessment: educational level, developmental level, readiness to learn, etc.
· Describe the educational setting: (staff development, patient education, family education, etc.).
· Purpose and rationale for the lesson(s).
· Describe the philosophical or theoretical basis for teaching approaches used in the lesson.
Statement of goals and objectives:
· Write broad instructional goals for the educational experience.
· Write behavioral objectives based on Bloom’s taxonomy.
Instructional methods and evaluation of learning—for each objective:
· Describe the lesson content.
· Provide a sequence for teaching activities.
· Describe instructional strategies.
· Indicate time allotted for each activity.
· Describe the instructional resources (materials, tools, etc.) to be used.
· Describe how the learning will be evaluated.
As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format. Support your work, using your course lectures and textbook readings. Helpful APA guides and resources are available in the University Online Library. Below are guides that are located in the library and can be accessed and downloaded via the University Online Citation Resources: APA Style page. The American Psychological Association website also provides detailed guidance on formatting, citations, and references
Attached- a sample lesson plan