On-boarding assignment | Human Resource Management homework help
“The low fare airline that makes travel easier for its customers through innovative thinking, superior service and a willingness to change the status quo. Oceana Air is the un-airline airline.”
Vision & Value
Mr. Kyle Stein, CEO of Oceana Air, firmly believes in the future success of his aviation organization. Recently, he sat down with Chuck Wells, a reporter with Airline Times magazine, to discuss his vision and goals for the up-and-coming innovative organization.
“The same values and principles that guided the early years of Oceana Air are the ones that have forged our current – and – future success: a strong spirit of excitement about growth and new opportunities; an appreciation of the creative challenge of working in an environment where cost-consciousness, efficiency, and maximum productivity are paramount, determination to succeed, even in the face of incredible obstacles; and a strong sense of value of providing excellent service to our partners, passengers, employees, and shareholders.”
Mr. Stein clearly believes in the knowledge, skills and abilities of his workforce. As he mentioned, “Although Oceana Air is a company made up of people from a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and cultures, anyone who values teamwork, loves new challenges, and possesses an inner drive to succeed is always welcome on the OA team. Everyone at OA is of equal importance. The work of the person loading baggage on the ramp is of equal worth to the work of the captain in the cockpit. The clerical work of processing invoices is as important as the work of a station supervisor. We have no special groups. There are no unimportant positions. Every job is vital to the continued success of OA, because working together there is nothing we cannot do.”
The airline recently announced that it is expanding operations into several new locations (Tampa, Houston, Atlanta, Paris and London). Each of these domestic and international stations is critical to the success of the organization.
As the HR Manager for Oceana Air, you have been tasked to develop an HR business strategy plan that aligns with the overall organizational analysis provided by Mr. Stein and which links with the business philosophy of innovation and creativity in order to remain competitive in the aviation industry. You will need to consider the following as you write your proposed HR business plan:
1. Describe (3) ways that global demographic changes and increasing cultural diversity in the workplace could affect the way that Oceana Air manages its workforce.
2. Based upon your perception and experience, identify (3) factors and outline (3) possible solutions Oceana Air could implement to ensure a cohesive and competitive work environment. Consider the legal implications to the workforce.
3. Analyze (3) issues associated with an Oceana Air Onboarding program that is considered a critical part of a successful recruitment and retention plan.
· NOTE: Provide example(s) to support your selections.
· NOTE: Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Attention: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these APA formatting requirements:
· Paper must be 4 pages in length (not counting the title page, abstract page, reference page)
· One-inch margins on all sides
· Citations and references must follow APA format
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
· The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.