Pad 501 grantsmanship in public administration week 2 assignment | grantsmanship in public administration | Strayer University–Alexandria Campus
The Resource Center has recently been looking into the issue of high drop-out rates at high schools in the community. As Project Manager, you are trying to start a new educational program for high school students. The Executive Director is supportive of your plan for a new program, but a program like this is not currently in the budget.
Your Executive Director asks you to look for grants that could potentially fund this program, so you start your search for grants that may be appropriate to apply for. She asks that you create a brief summary of 3–5 potential funders she can present at the next board meeting.
Using the tools provided in Appendix B in the Resource section of Winning Grants Step by Step, identify 3–5 potential funders for the program.
You will need to complete the following form to submit to the Executive Director:
Name of Grant and Funder
How You Found It
Description of the Type of Funding
How does the grant fit with the Resource Center’s missions, goals and objectives?
Be sure the following information is found in your table:
- 3–5 funders listed along with:
- Information on how these funders were identified, including where you heard or read about the funder and a link or explanation of where the grant information can be found.
- A description of the funding including dollar amount, eligible recipients/programs, due date, and any other relevant information.
- An analysis of where the grant does and does not fit with the Resource Center’s mission, goals and objectives.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Research potential funders for different types of grants.