Patho | Nursing homework help
Our learning objectives for the week are to:
• Analyze concepts and principles of pathophysiology across the life span
• Analyze processes related to women’s and men’s health, infections, and hematologic disorders
• Identify racial/ethnic variables that may impact physiological functioning
• Evaluate the impact of patient characteristics on disorders and altered physiology
A 32-year-old female presents to the ED with a chief complaint of fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, and vaginal discharge. She states these symptoms started about 3 days ago, but she thought she had the flu. She has begun to have LLQ pain and notes bilateral lower back pain. She denies dysuria, foul-smelling urine, or frequency. States she is married and has sexual intercourse with her husband. PMH negative.
Labs: CBC-WBC 18, Hgb 16, Hct 44, Plat 325, ¬ Neuts & Lymphs, sed rate 46 mm/hr, C-reactive protein 67 mg/L CMP wnl
Vital signs T 103.2 F Pulse 120 Resp 22 and PaO2
99% on room air. Cardio-respiratory exam WNL with the exception of tachycardia but no murmurs, rubs, clicks, or gallops. Abdominal exam + for LLQ pain on deep palpation but no rebound or rigidity. Pelvic exam demonstrates copious foul-smelling green drainage with reddened cervix and + bilateral adenexal tenderness. + chandelier sign. Wet prep in ER + clue cells and gram stain in ER + gram negative diplococci.
In your Case Study Analysis related to the scenario provided, explain the following:
• The factors that affect fertility (STDs).
• Why inflammatory markers rise in STD/PID.
• Why prostatitis and infection happens. Also explain the causes of systemic reaction.
• Why a patient would need a splenectomy after a diagnosis of ITP.
• Anemia and the different kinds of anemia (i.e., micro and macrocytic).
Day 7 of Week 10
Submit your Case Study Analysis Assignment by Day 7 of Week 10
Reminder: The College of Nursing requires that all papers submitted include a title page, introduction, summary, and references. The sample paper provided at the Walden Writing Center provides an example of those required elements (available at https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/writingcenter/templates). All papers submitted must use this formatting.