Personality tests*****already a++ rated tutorial*****use as guide
Over the years, trait theory has been increasingly used by corporations in hiring and in career counseling. Research has shown that certain combinations of personality traits fit well with different career paths. Thus, personality trait tests for specific jobs can be predictive of both success and satisfaction. Understanding your own personality-trait combinations can give you great insight into your own strengths and weaknesses. With this understanding, you can work to grow your strengths and minimize your weaknesses.
In this assignment, you will explore your personality using a personality test and then analyze the results.
First, explore your personality preferences by completing Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MTBI). The full version of the test can only be administered by a trained professional; however, there are many online informal versions of the test which you can find on the Internet. You can search for the test using any one of the following keywords:
- Personality test + Myers-Briggs typology
- Myers-Briggs test
Record your four-lettered personality type after completion of the test and use the Internet to interpret your personality type.
In this part of the assignment, you will write a research paper that analyses your results. Do the following:
- Mention your four-letter type and the URL of the Web site where you took the test.
- Discuss whether this type accurately represents what you know about yourself. Examine the four spectrums and explain your answer thoroughly. Substantiate your agreement or disagreement with real-life behavioral examples.
- Analyze what you consider the strengths and the weaknesses or challenges of this type. List three strengths and three weaknesses and provide a rationale for each.
- Evaluate why this test could be a valuable tool for an employer.
- Analyze how a clinician may use this test as a tool for promoting meaningful interventions in treatment.
- Summarize what you have learned about yourself through this exercise.
Write a 3–4-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M4_A2.doc.
By Week 4, Day 7, deliver your assignment to the M4: Assignment 2 Dropbox.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||
|Evaluated if the four-letter type identified by the test was accurate and was justified with real-life behavioral examples.||
|Identified three strengths and three weaknesses of this type and substantiated answers with a rationale for each showing analysis of strengths and weaknesses of this type.||
|Analyzed why this test may be a valuable tool for an employer and a clinician with appropriate justification.||
|Evaluated what you have learned about yourself through this exercise.||
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.||