Quality in hc unit 3 5 page apa style
For this assignment, you will review the tools used to implement quality healthcare and create a PowerPoint presentation.
The Institute of Medicine (IOM) conducted a series of studies that highlighted the quality gaps in the U.S. healthcare system. Their subsequent report identified six dimensions of quality to guide process improvement efforts. Healthcare organizations apply these dimensions in their quality programs today.
Select an experience you had with a medical organization to address the following:
- Discuss an experience with a medical organization’s effort to implement quality improvement.
- Explain the six dimensions of quality by the IOM.
- Outline the advantages and disadvantages of this approach.
- Briefly outline tools used for measuring patient-centered care.
- Present the triple aim of healthcare improvement.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title slide: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 15 slides minimum
- Body slides: This begins on the slide following the title slide and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your presentation for this assignment is 15 slides. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference slide: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final slide of your presentation. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference slide is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.