Rc5 | Education homework help
This Assessment is a Work Product, in which you will write a research proposal on a topic that is relevant to the early childhood profession. In addition, you will create a video presentation, in which you present your research proposal to colleagues in the early childhood field. In your presentation, you will explain how your research can contribute to positive social change in the field of early childhood studies.
Your response to this Assessment should:
- Reflect the criteria provided in the Rubric, which provides information on how the Assessment will be evaluated.
- Adhere to the required assignment length.
- Use the APA course paper template available here. All submissions must follow the conventions of scholarly writing. Properly formatted APA citations and references must be provided where appropriate.
Professional Skills: Written Communication, Information Literacy, and Oral Communication are assessed in this Competency. You are strongly encouraged to use the Writing Checklist and to review the Rubric prior to submitting.
This Assessment requires submission of:
- One (1) document, your completed research proposal
- One (1) video presentation
Save your research proposal as RC005_PartI_firstinitial_lastname (for example, RC005_PartI_J_Smith). Save your video presentation as RC005_PartII_firstiniital_lastname (for example, RC005_PartII_J_Smith). When you are ready to upload your completed Assessment, use the Assessment tab on the top navigation menu.
Before submitting your Assessment, carefully review the rubric. This is the same rubric the assessor will use to evaluate your submission and it provides detailed criteria describing how to achieve or master the Competency. Many students find that understanding the requirements of the Assessment and the rubric criteria help them direct their focus and use their time most productively.
This assessment has two-parts. Click each of the items below to complete this assessment.
To prepare for writing the research proposal, identify a topic of personal and professional interest that is relevant to the early childhood field. Conduct an initial review of the literature and narrow your topic by discussing it with Faculty, colleagues, or fellow students.
The 10- to 15-page research proposal must include all of the following components, in order:
- Title Page (1 page)
- Abstract (1 page)
- 150- to 200-word summary of the proposal
- Introduction (2–3 pages)The introduction provides the reader with an overview of the literature related to the topic and justifies the need for the research study. The introduction is typically written after completing the literature review. Your introduction should include:
- Your research question and an explanation of the problem your question is designed to explore
- A rationale for importance of this topic, including an explanation of the gap in the research literature that your topic will explore
- Literature Review (3–5 pages)
The main purpose of a literature review is to synthesize current research related to your topic. In addition, the literature review is where you consider the implications of research that has already been published on your research question.
The literature review should include an:
- Analysis of the context in which the problem is situated and current thinking about solutions, including the theoretical perspectives presented in the literature and a discussion of the research findings
- Explanation of the implications of the research to your research question
- Note: Your literature review must include a minimum of five highly relevant and credible resources.
- Methodology and Data Collection (2–3pages).
Name the research design you will use (i.e., quantitative design, qualitative design, or mixed method design), and the reasons for your choice. If your study is quantitative or mixed methods, define the independent and dependent variables.
- Describe the study participant(s) and your sampling process. Discuss any sampling issues/challenges you might encounter.
- Describe the data collection method(s) you will use—and what influenced your choice.
- Describe any major ethical issue(s) you perceive for your study— and ways you will address ethics.
- Describe the benefits, limitations, and challenges you perceive in your study.
- References (1-2 pages)
- Appendices (Optional; not included in page count)
Save your research proposal as RC005_PartI_firstinitial_lastname (for example, RC005_PartI_J_Smith).
The video presentation must be 3–5 minutes and include an:
- Introduction that explains your research question, how you arrived at the research question, and the methodology
- Explanation of how this research can contribute to positive social change in the early childhood field
Save your video presentation as RC005_PartII_firstiniital_lastname (for example, RC005_PartII_J_Smith).