Recommended action to address a recent e-commerce threat
Research: You are expected to use credible sources upon which to base your report. In cases when the source is necessary, but credibility is not assured, you must address this issue in the text of your paper. You are required to use APA style for both in-text citations and the Reference section at the end of your paper. You can learn more about APA-style references by clicking the APA tutorial link near the bottom of the Syllabus. You must use a minimum of four sources.
Originality: Although you will be using outside sources for this project–and using citations to indicate where ideas have come from within the sources–all writing must be in your own words. No direct quotations of outside sources are allowed.
- Cover page
- Table of contents
- Presentation of the threat including how the threat was identified, the technical features that characterize the threat, how it works, vulnerabilities it exploits, and so forth
- Diagram depicting the mechanism of attack and exploitation
- Potential or actual consequences including damage to hardware, software, data, personnel, financial losses, and so forth: You should identify the nature of the security compromise (i.e., data confidentiality, integrity, availability).
- Risk assessment
The above are to be updated to include any instructor-based feedback from Research Project 1.
The following elements are new Research Project 2 requirements:
- An overview of the proposed solution
- Specifics as to the products, services, policies, procedures, and so forth that you are recommending
- Ancillary considerations related to system integration, business process integration, and so forth
- Discussion of implementation procedures, potential impediments, actual cost of the solution, and so forth
- Assessment of impact on business process efficiency and efficacy
- Assessment of the degree to which the risk has been reduced
- Recommended maintenance procedures
Deliverables: The minimum length of Research Project 2 is three double-spaced pages, not counting graphics. The maximum length is five pages. Note that this range does not include the cover page, diagrams, graphics, and references, or the body of Research Project 1 that is to be included in this submission. Do not submit papers that have less or more pages.