Recruitment and selection | Human Resource Management | Capella University
Write a 5–7-page recruitment and selection plan based on best practices and approaches for either Java Corp. or an organization of your choice.
Attracting top talent that fits the organization is of considerable importance. The ability to recruit and select talented people is
Recruitment and Selection
- Headworth, A. (2015). Social media recruitment: How to successfully integrate social media into recruitment strategy. London, UK: Kogan Page.
- Chapter 2, “Recruitment Using Social Media.”
- Lundqvist, S. (2018, May–August). Focus on the most critical demands in IT project manager recruitment. Journal of Modern Project Management, 70–77.
- Miller, T. (2017). Successful interviewing: A talent-focused approach to successful recruitment and selection. New York, NY: Business Expert Press.
- This e-book features interviewing techniques to select the best talented people.
- Noe, R. A., Hollenbeck, J. R., Gerhart, B., & Wright, P. M. (2020). Fundamentals of human resource management (8th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill. Available in the courseroom via the VitalSource Bookshelf link.
- Chapter 5, “Planning for and Recruiting Human Resources.”
- Chapter 6, “Selecting Employees and Placing Them in Jobs.”
- Nursing – advanced nursing; studies in the area of advanced nursing reported from Ghent University (Recruiting nurses through social media: Effects on employer brand and attractiveness). (2017, June 30). Health & Medicine Week.
- Sackett, T. (2018). The nuts and bolts of a great recruiter. HR Magazine, 63(5), 83–85, 87, 89. one of the foundational skills for any human resource (HR) professional and one that will be utilized throughout your career.
For this assessment, research the topics of recruitment and selection. Using one of the scenarios below, analyze best practices and approaches for these key HR functions. A minimum of three resources are required to support your work.
You are the new HR manager for Java Corp, which specializes in cold coffee and iced tea. Java Corp. is small but quickly growing. There are 300 employees in the company and the organization has a history of a stable workforce with very limited turnover. Recently, the company gained over 200 employees and there are a number of supervisory and managerial positions that need to be filled. The CEO has asked you to work with her to fill positions based on an organizational structure she has just created.
New supervisors and managers are needed in IT (one), marketing (one), operations (two), and security (one). Each of these areas has seasoned internal employees eager to compete for jobs, though some may not be as qualified as external candidates. Develop a recruitment and selection plan that is best suited for this situation and make appropriate recommendations to the CEO.
For this assessment, develop a recruitment and selection plan for the chosen organization. In your plan:
- Analyze the role of the recruiter.
- What unique opportunities and challenges are present for the selected company?
- Outline a recruitment process to meet organizational objectives for the selected company.
- Include a step-by-step process for the selection of supervisors and managers.
- Include the best practices that support your recommended best recruitment plan. Consider the use of social media, types of employment tests, and how to conduct effective interviews, for example.
- Include policies that make the positions more attractive.
- Explain an organization’s legal considerations for recruitment and selection functions.
- Analyze how to measure success of the chosen selection method for the selected company
- What metrics would you use for your selected company?