Select a data collection questionnaire
Select a data collection questionnaire or tool that has been designed by a healthcare organization to obtain feedback on their overall effectiveness or the effectiveness of a particular information system within the organization. These may be questionnaires that are administered online or in paper form.
Spend some time reviewing the mission and goals for the organization you select so that you understand what they are trying to accomplish and why the questionnaire was used for evaluation. The names (and sources) of the instrument and the company in which it has been used should be included in your work.
Analyze the instruments to determine the following:
1) Who is likely to receive and complete the questionnaire, and who is not? (Be sure to identify and briefly describe the organization in which the instrument has been used).
2) Why has the organization created the questionnaire or survey? Is it valid for this purpose?
3) How difficult will it be for someone to analyze the answers?
4) What is likely to be learned from answers submitted?
5) What effect are the answers likely to have on the organization? What role would this information play in improving the organization’s effectiveness?
6) Finally, describe how you would redesign the survey and explain how your revisions would improve it.
Here are some hospital survey tools that you may find applicable for this assignment:
CAHPS, HCAHPS, CG-CAHPS